You and your Company can help St Loye’s Foundation in a number of ways and we believe that by working together we create a ‘Win Win’ situation for us both. Here are some ideas under two sections.
SECTION A – The most important way you can help is by assisting us with our core work of getting people with disabilities and long term health conditions into work. We need employers who will;-
1. Give our clients a sector explanation – let them visit with a member of our staff and see what your company does, what kind of jobs are there and what skills are needed.
2. Give our clients a job taster – let them come and work for a day or two to see if they may like it and what it involves.
3. Give our clients some work experience – a couple of days a week, a week or two, a month or more, or longer term. We will come to an arrangement to fit with you and the client together with their training needs. You benefit from an extra pair of hands at no financial cost.
4. Give us feedback about the skills you are looking for so that we can continue to teach the up-to-date skills their new employment will require.
5. Go on our list of ‘real employers’ who will give our clients mock interviews to gain experience of meeting potential employers in this way.
6. Best of all, if our clients live close to you, consider them for employment. If you have already had them for work experience it can be a natural progression.
Helping under Section A employers benefit from a wide range of practical and financial considerations:
New employees who are trained and qualified, supported by a history of loyalty and stability
New employees who have initial training with the view to further training whilst in employment. This enables employers to tailor further training to meet the demands of the Company as well as developing the employees skills
Employers Financial Support/Buddy System
Free DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) Advice and Guidance
Free Health and Safety Checklist
Free Health and Safety, First Aid and Manual Handling training
Contribution to Corporate and Social Responsibility Programmes
SECTION B – There are many other ways you can help us. Some of our work is government funded but it does not pay for everything and each year under our charitable status we fund-raise to support our clients. Please see Corporate Giving.
But this is about volunteering – so what could you and your company do that is not about money?
1. When you have an event, could we be part of it? Could we supply goods or extra staff?
2. If you are having an exhibition stand could you donate a corner to us?
3. Do you have goods, venues or services that we need that you could donate or supply cheaply to reduce our costs?
4. If you are changing your practical space are there items that we could use?
5. Could you make a donation of a ‘Gift in Kind’ for a raffle or event?
6. Would you let your staff work for us or on our behalf so that they gain knowledge and experience too.
7. Are you interested in becoming a member?
8. Are you interested in becoming a trustee?
9. Do you know influential people that you could introduce us too?
10. Could you be an ambassador for St Loye’s, speak well of us, put something on your website, influence for us?
For all enquiries please contact:
01392 255428 | firstname.lastname@example.org